- Information We Collect
- How We Use, Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
- Managing Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Identifiers: Cookies, Beacons and Tracking Technologies
- A Note About Children
- California Residents: Your Privacy Rights
- Nevada Residents
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Information you share with us. We collect information that you provide when you contact us for services. Such information can include your name, shipping address and email address (“Personal Information”) for the following:
- When you create an account, you must choose a username and password. Your username may be visible to other visitors to the Site, so please choose carefully. You must provide a valid email address so that we can communicate with you about our Site and your registration.
- If you order products from the Site, your name, shipping address and email address will be shared with our third-party service providers for billing purposes to fulfill your orders and to communicate with you about your orders.
- When you enter your credit card information to pay for your purchase, it is processed through our Site using the Shopify platform. Shopify is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant, which is the highest level of compliance available for credit card processing. No credit card information is retained in the Refreshments’ systems. Thus, your credit card information is not exposed anywhere in our own system or to our employees. Because of this, we ask that you please not send your credit card information to our team directly, for example, by sending this information to a customer care representative. Please only use our secure, online system to enter your credit card information.
- When you request information about a particular product or special offer, you’ll need to give us your email address. We use it to honor your requests whether that’s emailing you information about certain products or emailing you to tell you about special offers. You may choose to opt out of receiving these types of marketing messages at any time.
- When you post product reviews, we use this content to share your experience about our products with other customers. Please keep in mind that information you post publicly on our Site is intended for public consumption. Please be aware that your username and profile image may be publicly displayed whenever you post a comment or review. In addition, postings you make on our Site may appear when Internet users execute searches on the subject of your posting. If you do not want this information to be displayed, you may terminate your account at any time. Please note that if you are a minor, living in California, you should not be using the Site without permission from your parent or guardian, however, if you have posted information publicly that you cannot remove yourself, you have the right to request it be hidden from public view. If you wish to have this information removed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request removal. We may request additional information from you in order to complete your request.
- f. When you enter contests or giveaways on our Site, social media platforms or in person, you’ll need to give us your name and email address so that we may contact you if you are a winner. If we select your entry, we will require your address to send you the prize.
2. Public information you post on other sites. We use social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. If you interact with our page on any of these channels by uploading a post, you are sharing information with us. We may collect information from these public posts. For example, we may collect pictures you post publicly on Instagram and re-post them on our Site or Instagram account, but only if you choose to use the hash tag "#MYREFRESHMENTS" inside your Instagram post. You can always have us remove the information from our Site by emailing us at email@example.com.
3. Information you share with third parties. We may receive information about you if you interact with one of our marketing partners or Affiliated companies. Marketing partners are third-party companies that we do business with. Affiliated companies are companies that are related to Refreshments such as the Madeby Collective brands or our parent company.
HOW WE USE, SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal Information, as described above, is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses and credit card information. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, that does not specifically identify you.
1. Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research and sales and business development. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our marketing partners or Affiliated companies. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of orders placed on a certain date. We do not link aggregated data with our customers' personal information.
2. Personal Information. Except as described above, we do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
- Order Fulfillment. Like most Internet retailers, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service or DHL to deliver our products to you. Your credit card information is processed through Shopify to help us process your orders from us.
- Customized Experience. Refreshments’ third-party vendors may recognize a tracking code used by your browser or application to enable you to receive customized content, or to enable you to use other technologies such as tags and scripts. The tracking code may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to you. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, sell or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it's necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of other customers or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend Refreshments’ rights or property.
- Third-Party Marketing. We may share information about you with our marketing partners or Affiliated companies to deliver offers of products and services that may be of interest to you.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are in control of how your Personal Information is used or shared. Here are the tools you can use to manage it.
1. Log Into Your Account. You can change the personal information you provide to us by logging into your Refreshments account and making the appropriate changes.
2. Opt-Out. You can always "opt-out" of receiving marketing or promotion communications. At your request, we will stop sending you certain marketing emails. You can submit these requests at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email from us.
3. Do Not Sell. Refreshments does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. You may opt out of sharing your Personal Information with Third-Parties at any time by clicking here.
4. Block Cookies and Targeted Advertising. You can prevent Refreshments and its third-party vendors from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies.
5. Cancel Your Subscription. You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your account at refreshments.com. If you need help cancelling your subscription, please contact email@example.com.
6. Deleting Your Account. You can cancel your account anytime by logging into your account and following the steps to delete your account. If you are a California resident, you may request more information about your Personal Information, or you may request that we delete all of your Personal Information by clicking here. Please note that by deleting your account, we will no longer have any information about you, including your order history or any contact you may have had with our customer care team.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is invaluable to you. That’s why we take data security seriously. We use industry standard technical, physical and administrative safeguards to secure our customers’ data. Online, we encrypt your Personal Information using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”). TLS allows for a private, reliable Site connection where your identity is authenticated with cryptography. Offline, we restrict access to your Personal Information to only those Refreshments employees who need it to perform a specific job function. We require all Refreshments employees with access to your personal information to follow specific security protocols concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your Personal Information to strict confidentiality and security requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware. When you visit our Site, you access servers that we backup constantly. Our servers are hosted at locations which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
Please remember, however, that while we use industry-standard security measures to safeguard your Personal Information, we can't guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn't exist anywhere online or off. We recommend that you do your part by keeping your passwords secure, changing them often and not using the same password across multiple accounts.
IDENTIFIERS; COOKIES, BEACONS & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you use refreshments.com and our services so that we can provide you with a better experience. When you visit our Site, your information is automatically tracked by certain identifiers described below.
2. Cookies and other tracking technologies.
a. Cookies. This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser that is stored in your browser and sent back to the server each time the browser makes a request to the server. Cookies can improve a site user's experience by, for example, allowing the site to keep a user logged in while browsing, saving a user's site preferences, and allowing a user to add items to a shopping cart and preserve cart contents between site visits, even when the user is not logged in.
- i. Cookies used by Refresehments.com. Single session cookies are used to ensure that Site displays correctly on your device. Persistent cookies are used to measure Site metrics such as which pages are popular, how often people visit the Site, whether people are visiting the Site for the first time, and whether visitors make purchases on the Site. They also are used to enhance Site functionality, for example to allow returning users to use the Site without logging in.
- iv. Managing Cookies. You can delete cookies stored in your browser at any time. You also can choose not to accept cookies from any site, including Refreshments.com, by changing the settings of your browser. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, then you will not be able to fully use I Refreshments 's services.
- b. Clear gifs, web beacons, tracking pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier. They function similarly to cookies and are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded on web pages and are single pixel wide. Refreshments does not tie information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
- c. Location services. If you have turned on location services in your mobile device, we may collect information about your geolocation. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may turn off location services on your smart phone. Turning off location services will not affect your ability to access the Site, but you may not be able to access certain geolocation-based promotions that Refreshments may offer from time to time.
- d. SDKs. Software development kits (“SDKs”) are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed on our Site. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
- e. Heatmaps. Heatmapping tracks user engagement on our site to help us understand the usability of our site. It tracks clicks, taps and scrolling behavior to help us determine trends to ensure we continue to create an easy to access, user friendly experience for you.
f. Tracking technology lifespans.
- i. Single-session tracking technology lasts only as long as your site visit. Single-session cookies expire and delete themselves when you leave the site or close your browser. They are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through a site or generating aggregated statistics about how a site is used. Single-session cookies do not publicly expose your personal information.
- ii. Multi-session or persistent tracking technology remains on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete it or the cookie expires. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited a site. This can improve the user's experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits and by allowing users to login without entering a password with every site visit.
g. Tracking purposes. We use tracking technologies for these general purposes:
- i. Because it is strictly necessary to make Refreshments.com work properly.
- ii. For performance. This tracking helps Refreshments understand how the Site is functioning so Refreshments can improve the Site.
- iii. For functionality. This tracking retains your personal preferences as you use the Site.
- iv. For advertising. This tracking helps us to refrain from delivering advertising to you that is not of interest to you.
- h. Do not track. Refreshments does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
4. Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address. This information also includes your operating system or application, your location, and your activities voluntarily have submitted to us (for example, your email address).
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our Site is not directed to children and children are not permitted to use or navigate our Site without the supervision of or written permission from a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under age 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we confirm we collected such information, we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information from California Residents
The table below outlines how we handle personal information from California residents.
Personal Information Collected
|How we collect personal information||Information you provide when you create an account at Refreshments.com, submit an order to Refreshments.com or one of its Affiliated companies, when you request information from Refreshments.com, when you post a public comment about Refreshments|
|Categories of personal information we’ve collected in the past 12 months||Identifiers such as name, shipping address, email address, product reviews and aggregate information such as Internet/Electronic Activity and purchase history.|
|Categories of personal information we sell||We do not sell personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information with our marketing partners and Affiliated Companies.|
|Categories of personal information we otherwise share||Name, email address and product reviews|
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights at the attached links:
- Access My Personal Information: Data Request
- Delete My Personal Information: Data deletion request
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: Do not sell
You may also make those requests by calling (855) 660-9966.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
We will review the information provided and may request additional information to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Except as described in the section How We Use, Share and Disclose Your Personal Information, we do not sell your information. If you wish to have your name added to our Do Not Sell My Personal Information list, please click here.